Friday 7 May 2010

Branded Goods

Some time ago I decided that I would like to have a very small branding iron depicting the monogram motif with which I sign my paintings. If it's a small canvas I don't always use my full signature and use the monogram on it's own as I feel that it is less obtrusive. A search of the internet found that it was possible to have such an item made although they are more readily available in the US and they are certainly not without their cost especially if it's an electric one.



So I had to look at a cheaper alternative and started to look at pyrography equipment instead. A wood burning pen would do the job and it was much cheaper! I did buy such a wood burning pen some months ago and haven't had the opportunity to use it before so today I "branded" my latest two canvases which had been drying.



This is the matching "brand" on the wooden stretcher bar of the box canvas and will be how all of my work will now be marked regardless of whether it's a painting of cattle or sheep etc as that is how the work is signed on the front.





0 comments:

Post a Comment