Monday 30 May 2011

Tunbridge through the Fancy Glass


The joint exhibition with fellow artist Wendy Corbett at Artique Galleries, Tunbridge Wells went well thanks to the hard working staff although the amount of bank holidays combined with the Royal Wedding meant that a number of customers had taken advantage of the potential to take 3 days holiday allowance to achieve nearly a fortnight away.

I met some lovely people and it was also entertaining to meet the couple who bought "Devotion", my Jersey cow whom they named Licky Nose after seeing it displayed in the gallery window.


I have to say though, one of the highlights for me was the Brew House Hotel in Tunbridge Wells which I can thoroughly recommend. I do enjoy technology and gadgets so I was especially impressed with the smart glass in the bathroom which became clear or translucent at the flick of a switch. I'm told it's achieved by electrical impulses and very expensive. It's certainly a remarkable piece of design which makes use of natural daylight. If I ever win the lottery then I shall be using it in my bathrooms but given that even choosing two successful numbers is an achievement I don't think I shall be sending off for the brochures in the foreseeable future!

0 comments:

Post a Comment