Sunday 3 January 2010

From Ice Palace to Snow Cow

The new house is extremely warm and I am a convert to new builds and modern insulation although I do think an extra inch or two of soundproofing would not go amiss sometimes especially as baby Stanley (I know!) wails through the wall..still..we're sleeping through the night now but I think teething has started. There are however, less cows on the door step and I will miss being able to see the Limousin bull whilst walking up to the pub but I have spotted a herd of what may be Devon reds six or seven minutes from the house. They've gone in for the winter now so it will be a while before I can assess it but no doubt they will be appearing on a canvas in the near future.

Just before Christmas, for the first time in almost six years the snow fell here and I was able to achieve an ambition to build a snow cow. A rather pleasant hour or so was spent creating a Highland cow as I've painted a few of them recently although the horns proved the most difficult. Despite next door leaning out of the window (not Stanley's dad - the other side) asking if it was a dog (phillistine!) I actually think it turned out quite well. A slight thaw during the night meant it was polled by breakfast as it's horns lay in bits on the grass but not to worry.



0 comments:

Post a Comment