Saturday 2 January 2010

If the Flake advert did removals..

Considerable time has elapsed since I last updated this blog but as I have recently moved both house and studio it wasn't up there on my list of priorities. I was under the illusion that I only had a few things and that these could be easily scooped up - think Dick Whittington and the knotted hanky on a pole - wrong!!



The dogs in the previous post were completed in between moving which had been designed to be a leisurely stress free affair - sort of, if the Flake advert did removals! An accelerated and unplanned moving date did mean the packing up became a trolley dash and it wasn't really helped by the lovely couple who owned the bakery near me and insisted that the entire move was done in their van. A kind offer this was but it meant that the logistics had to be masterminded to fit in around their pie deliveries. Stripping the empty pie trays from the van in increasingly record times became akin to the pit stops in Formula 1 especially with the added pressure of avoiding the school run chaos. Fortunately, I did finish the dogs before the move and I showed them to the owners before tempting fate with any varnish however temporary. Hubby wanted an extra highlight in the eye where there would have been none (everyone's a critic!) but other than that they were very happy. It's always traumatic doing commissions and I don't know an artist who enjoys them as people generally know what they don't want (usually when it's done) rather than what they do want. So off it went for framing and I returned to packing.




0 comments:

Post a Comment